Friday, February 27, 2004
The Urban Dictionary
I had a question about a word that I heard, so I did a search and located its definition at UrbanDictionary.com
. I've been hooked on it ever since. It has definitely made a bunch of us laugh our butts off.
Monday, February 23, 2004
Five Happy Things
1. Entenmann's New York Crumb Coffee Cake
3. Lucy's happy tail
4. That I finally got all my photos uploaded
5. keeping a secret
Sunday, February 22, 2004
Well, after living in Colorado for almost seven years, we finally visited the dining novelty that is Casa Bonita
. It was very interesting, and I'll probably never go back again. There is even an entire South Park episode
about Casa Bonita.
Friday, February 20, 2004
[courtesy of fridayfive.org]
When was the last time you...
1. ...went to the doctor?
Probably about 2 years ago.
2. ...went to the dentist?
Two weeks ago. (I go every 6 months, like a good girl.)
3. ...filled your gas tank?
4. ...got enough sleep?
A couple of weekends ago.
5. ...backed up your computer?
I think it's done for us. But I backed up my personal files a couple of weeks ago.
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
Back when I was in college, there was a great sketch comedy show on MTV called The State. This past week I did a search for info about them, and I found a Website that has all of their shows as video clips
. Yay! I also saw that a few of them have another comedy troupe here
. So, I've been filling up on stupid, goofy comedy.
Monday, February 16, 2004
Just stopping to realize...
That today is a beautiful day. The sky is so blue, the air is so crisp. I sound like a hippy, but it really is.
Saturday, February 14, 2004
Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope everyone had a happy one. I went to a beautiful wedding and had a good time. :-)
Thursday, February 12, 2004
Saturday is Heart Day. I've never really celebrated Valentine's Day. I'm not against it in any way, but I've just never been really into it. I'm not one of those bitter girls who hate it or anything, I'm just indifferent. :-)
Wednesday, February 11, 2004
It's snowing again. Why does it always have to start snowing so hard on the drive in? And why does everyone have to drive so bad?
Tuesday, February 10, 2004
Proof that I'm a Loser
Dave Chappelle is going to be on the Daily Show tonight. I'm excited.
Monday, February 09, 2004
- Got our loveseat back on Thursday. It's weird to have it back in the TV room. I can't decide if the room seems smaller or not. It was gone for about 2 or 3 months, so it's like it's new all over again.
- The other day when it was really icy out, my car veered the wrong way when I turned into my development and it hit the curb. (Not that hard, mind you.) But, I think it was enough to knock it out of whack because when I go faster than 53 miles per hour, the steering wheel shakes like I'm doing 95. (I'm going to have it looked at tomorrow.)
- We had our taxes done. I'm not getting back much more than usual, even though I now have the house.
- I'm glad that Mr. JT won some awards last night.
- I really don't care that Janet flashed her boob. Big deal. America is uptight.
- Deann, her Mom, and I tried John Holly's on Saturday evening and it was really good.
- Lucy is a pretty smart dog.
Saturday, February 07, 2004
Five Happy Things for Saturday
1. Getting outside.
2. Surprising someone.
3. Laughing so hard it hurts.
4. Being able to bite into things again.
5. New veneers!
Thursday, February 05, 2004
Five Happy Things
1. Getting our couch back
2. Chappelle's Show
3. "Smart, smart, smart, smart, smart"
4. Funny conversational hearts
5. One more day of temporaries.
Tuesday, February 03, 2004
One of my new favorite shows
I know that I'm late getting on this bandwagon, but I've been trying to watch Jon Stewart
on a nightly basis. The show consistently makes me laugh out loud.
Monday, February 02, 2004
Happy Groundhog's Day!
I guess Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter. What a surprise! :-)
Sunday, February 01, 2004
I'm happy for all my New England-fan friends.