Monday, February 28, 2005
My ears' still got it
I listen to the Octane channel on Sirius radio a lot here at work. Well, I really liked this one song called "Beautiful Night." Something was kind of familiar about it. Turns out that it's by a band called Burden Brothers and the frontman is the former singer from The Toadies. No wonder! :-)
Saturday, February 26, 2005
Today was Sit on Your Ass Saturday
Today I did nothing. And it was fabulous. I only feel a little guilty. I watched a lot of bad TV and snacked. I might be lazy, but I enjoyed my Heather alone time.
Friday, February 25, 2005
Friday Five1. Do you own a camera? Describe it:
Yes, An Olympus C-7000 ZOOM 7.1 MP. Woo hoo!2. Do you prefer digital or film?
Digital - but I like to make physical prints from them.3. When is the last time you posed for a picture?
A couple of weeks?4. Tell us about your favorite photograph:
I love any photograph that captures my friends and family and dogs!!5. Use the flash or flash the camera?
Use the flash.
Thursday, February 24, 2005
I had no idea that they were a real thing
Five Happy Things
2. Blankets warm out of the dryer
3. Doing something that you never thought you'd do
4. Being strong
5. Twizzler Cherry Bites
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
So, don't do that...
The right side of my neck is so stiff today. When I turn my head to the right it kills my neck, shoulder and halfway down my spine. I know, don't turn like that, then. Well, that's nearly impossible. Stupid pillows.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
There was nothing Sweet about this girl's party
I watched this show
last night on MTV. I think I rolled my eyes upward of 100 times and said, "oh my lord" at least 25. I just cannot believe that someone is really like that.
No more Blink 182
The boys have broken up
Monday, February 21, 2005
What's been going through my mind lately
- I miss Mom and Dad. I want to see them.
- I want to put tile down.
- Man, I'm cold. It's going to be 60 today. Why does the office feel like 22 degrees?
- I've come to terms with all of the dog hair everywhere in my life. In my house, in my car, on my clothes. I used to be irritated by it, but the frustration is a way muted version of what it used to be. I am accepting that dog hair has integrated itself into my very being. It is a part of dog ownership, when your dogs are like children. It was bad when it was just Lucy, but Hudson is like a factory of flyaways. He can look at you and you're covered in it.
- Driving to work on "holidays" is one of the greatest things ever! Thank you dead presidents.
- I have mystery shin splints. I am not sure how I got them because I haven't run in many many moons. The only thing that I can think could have caused them is taking the pups for a walk on Saturday. There were little jogs where I was running with Lucy when she thought she saw a bunny, but I would never have thought that would have caused it. Guess it was. I'm thinking I might need to integrate an occasional run into my workouts.
- I need a haircut. Really. bad.
- I know I should use a facial moisturizer. I know it. But I can't bring myself to do it. I've got issues.
- I want new bedroom furniture. Want and need are two different things.
- Skittles bubble gum is so yummy! I can't have skittles because they're not vegetarian, but the gum is and it friggin' rocks!
- I've got the urge to be creative. Not sure how it's going to manifest itself.
- Still crazy hungry...but not as bad as it was.
- The every other day chocolate thing seems to be working out pretty well.
Friday, February 18, 2005
Friday Five1. Would you rather have a picnic in the park or eat at a fancy restaurant?
Picnic in the park. I'm not a big fan of fancy restaurants. Now, if it was Del Taco or a picnic, I might go with the Del Taco. :-)2. Would you rather live in LA, NYC, or Chicago?
New York City. I'm originally a Long Island girl and I think I'd fit in better there than the other two cities.3. Would you rather watch ABC, CBS, or NBC?
I wake up to the ABC news and Alias is on ABC. But, I do watch NBC occasionally(Scrubs! Las Vegas! Saturday Night Live!).4. Would you rather live in the mountains or by the ocean?
Ironically I'd rather live by the ocean, but here I am in Colorado living by the mountains. 5. Would you rather watch tennis or play tennis?
Play. It's fun! I laugh so hard when I miss a ball and then have to chase it.
Thursday, February 17, 2005
I have this thing for Alan Cumming
. It's not a crush or an attraction or anything like that, I just think he seems like a really wacky, fun, cool guy. He was on the Daily Show last night and he was great. I just like his energy or something. Back before they cast the Harry Potter movies, I totally pictured him playing Snape. Don't get me wrong, I *love* Alan Rickman in the part, but when I read the books, in my mind, Snape was very Alan Cumming-like.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Five Happy Things
1. Furniture that matches
2. A big new TV
3. A bird with a french fry in its mouth
4. Chewing an entire pack of Dentyne Ice in 45 minutes
5. When life gives you lemons...
Monday, February 14, 2005
The Gorging Continues
Yup, that's right, I still can't control my eating. I don't know what the deal is. I eat and eat and eat and I don't get full. It's like when I first joined the crew team back in college. Everything tastes soooo good. I'm like an old person talking about eating all the time, but there's a fire in mah belly and I can't put it out.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hope everyone has a good one, whether you celebrate it or not.
Sunday, February 13, 2005
Dad will be so proud!
We're getting a new TV today. Woo Hoo! It's about friggin' time, I say. And a new piece of Rustico furniture to put it on. Yay!
Friday, February 11, 2005
So, I didn't have chocolate for two *whole* days and I'm starting to think that it totally backfired because today has been the hungriest day that I've had in like a year. I can't stop eating. I'm full and I just want to keep eating. Yikes! Help!
You can't go home again
Jessica took this photo when she was back on Long Island on Wednesday. (She's out promoting the Quizno's Breakfast Program -- try it!) That's our old house
- but it barely looks like it. It used to have dark green shingles and trees in the front yard and a cement driveway. We didn't have those fancy windows or that fancy fence. :-) It almost looks nothing like what it did. But it looks small. You know what's funny though? I never really thought of it as small. I had a super happy childhood in that house. How many people can say that? I think I realized that other people had big houses, but I never viewed it as "small." Now, when I look at it since we've been away for almost a decade, it looks really small and it doesn't look like ours. But man, we had some good times in that house!!!
Friday Five1. What is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
No one has done anything romantic for me. (I don't mind at all -- I'm not that kind of girl.)2. Who was your first love?
Bruce Willis. I even wrote it in my bedroom closet. "I *heart* Bruce Willis."3. Chocolates, flowers, or something else?
Chocolates! Candles! Undah-wares.4. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. It's rare, but I believe in it.5. What do you have planned for this Valentine's Day?
Nothing. Surprise, surprise, I don't celebrate it. Never have. I'm not against it or anything...have just never been into it.
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Five Happy Things
1. Tomorrow is Friday!
3. Kid Rock lyrics
is back on in the afternoon on FiTV
5. Planning ahead
Wednesday, February 09, 2005
I went the entire day without having any chocolate yesterday. Can you believe it? I can't. I easily breeze through a bag of Hershey's Kisses in about 5 days. (Not kidding) And I eat plenty of other chocolate in addition to that. I've got a severe chocolate addiction.
Three Ways to Be
No talking shit!
Let it go!
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Happy Mardi Gras!
I might be a monkey. Most people are craving alcohol and partying on a day like today, but I'm totally craving a banana. :-)
Let it Go
Letting go is something I have struggled with my entire life. Yesterday, I received a newsletter from Yoga Journal and it was just a couple of paragraphs about letting go. When I read it, I realized that I have improved my ability to let go, but I still have a long way to go. Afterall, I was a security-blanket kid. (And I still keep it under my pillow.)
I know that almost everyone gets hung up on these types of things, so I don't feel like a freak, I have just decided in the past 6 months or so, that it's time for me to be conscious of letting go.
is a bit preachy/new agey for me, but it's underlying message is a good one. There was one sentence that really struck me though: Can you just cut the cord that binds you to that long-cultivated feeling of concern and responsibility?
My answer? No. I can't. But, I'm working on it. And it's hard. And it hurts. I *hate* the end of things and I know I can't hold on, even though it feels like I should. And I don't see it as ending something completely, I just need to change my attachment. There is only so much judgement, insults and contempt that I can take in my direction. I wasn't happy with the way things were, and I had to take action to make myself okay with who I am. My intent is not to hurt her. It is to let all the negative crap go. Let it go. Sounds simple, doesn't it? It's so not.
Can we just fast forward to the summer? I don't want to deal with anymore potential rides in with snowy streets.
Monday, February 07, 2005
...a personal trainer too (in addition to the makeover.) Goddamn, I'm greedy.
I could really use a makeover by those Queer Eye folks or anyone else.
Sunday, February 06, 2005
I'm happy for you, Jon-Paul. Sorry about the Eagles, John.
Friday, February 04, 2005
1. Describe the condition of your keyboard:
Slightly dusty and crumby.
2. Can you sing, or are you always out of key?
Yes, I can sing. I'm no Christina Aguilera, but I'm usually on key.
3. What keys do you carry with you?
Car key, house key, mail key, garage key, JP's car key, Jessica's house key, Jessica's mail key, Mom and Dad's house key, and Amy's house key.
4. What is the key to personal happiness?
Laughing. Laughing at yourself. Forgiving. Forgiving yourself.
5. What gets you keyed up?
In a good way? Loud music - hard rock, dance, house, rap, classic rock, fun alternative rock.
Thursday, February 03, 2005
It's funny that I mentioned Chris Cornell the other day. This morning within an hour I heard "Spoonman", "Black Hole Sun", and "Fell on Black Days."
Deann is having a girl! :-)
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Five Happy Thingers...
1. Punxsutawney Phil
2. Using hot chocolate to make green tea taste better
4. Goose and Juice
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
I'd Hit It
McDonald's didn't exactly think this campaign
through, or did they?
Naked Pictures of Bea Arthur
I'm having another one of my 2-week bouts of insomnia. Late the other night I was flipping through the channels and "The Golden Girls" was on. I don't know what it is about that show, but I usually end up watching it if it's on. I'm not sure if I actually like it, or if it's a car-wreck type of situation. Anyway, it reminded me of something that creeps up and bothers me from time to time. Back in spring of 1995, when I spent a semester out in Los Angeles there were about 25 of us. Well, college courses held in an apartment complex's media room can be pretty friggin' boring. Since the bulk of us were screen writing majors, we'd take to amusing each other with witty writings.
For example...one of the big songs at the time was Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm by Crash Test Dummies. So, each of us created a verse that started..."Once, there was this...." Needless to say, 25 creative verses later, people were having a hard time stifling their laughter. But a few people decided to write a mini-screenplay about those of us out there. I don't remember anything about the plot, but there is something that I do remember. The writers (I believe they were Dave, Conrad, Jeff and Warshaw) picked someone famous to play all of us. I was absolutely horrified to find out that I was to be played by Bea Arthur. All these years later, I think they were just trying to be funny, because they had Grimmace from McDonalds playing one of the other people. But, still to this day when I see Bea Arthur on TV, I analyze the shit out of her. Like, "Hmmmm, do I share any traits and qualities with her?" And the other night, I finally came to the conclusion...."No! Not even a little bit." And even though I've come to terms with it....I think it will always bother me. :-)
Oh...and the title of this entry is from Adam Sandler's character in "Airheads" when they were making their demands. I'm pretty sure it was naked pictures of Bea Arthur and a football helmet filled with cottage cheese.