Monday, October 31, 2005
This Year's Costume
More photos here
Hope you all get lots and lots of CANDY!
Thursday, October 27, 2005
This pic is from Halloween 2003. There was lots of Hello Kitty mooning! :-)
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
It was great.
Fergie is hot.
Gwen is hot.
The shit was B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
Good group of girls.
One girl majorly out-of-control.
Danced to "Gold Digger" after the concert.
Laughed with Jenny at a laughs.
De had the coolest. shoes. ever
. (they lit up!)
Cousin It Needs a Haircut
I think my hair has stopped growing. But it's so ick at the bottom, that I really need a trim. Hopefully it will grow faster if I cut the bad element loose. :-)
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
"She Said Hey, Hey, Hey Yeah Let’s Go"
Today was a beautiful autumn day here in Colorado. I went for a run after work and it was good.
I think the ego boost I got from Tim
(#37) made me really psyche up for today's run. And believe me, I'm never really psyched to run. Thanks! Now, if I could only get the single boys to think the same thing or pretend they do. ;-)
Had to workout pretty hard today since I'll probably skipping out the rest of the week. Tomorrow I am going to the Gwen/BEP concert with some friends. I hope it kicks ass!
P.S. I'm so missing my dogs. This week is my off-week, and the past few times I've been indifferent, but this time I'm missing them lots, even the annoying stuff. :-) I'm sure after having them for almost all of November, I'll be ready for the off time again.
I'm on a mission to make everyone who wasn't planning to dress up for Halloween or who hasn't found a costume -- to find a costume. So far, it's going well.
I was told twice over the course of the weekend that I smelled like Sweetarts. I took this as a compliment and I have the "That's so Raven" perfume to thank for it.
It's good to smell like candy.
Sunday, October 23, 2005
I bought this
Friday, October 21, 2005
Friday Five1. Have you made any Halloween plans?
Yes. Several. I LOVE Halloween and I can't believe it's next weekend already! Yay! I think I'm going to rest up on Friday night the 28th (but my mind can always be changed); but on Saturday the 29th, I have three parties to go to - and I might hit downtown as well. I love to see people in their costumes especially those cool folks who make their own, or do something really creative/topical.2. At what age should you stop trick-or-treating?
I don't know, I guess like 14 or 15 or so. But I think if you want to do it at any age, you should.3. What's your favorite kind of Halloween candy?
That's like asking me to pick my favorite child. 4. Are you more likely to trick someone else or be tricked yourself?
Hmmmm...I don't think either. I'm way more of a treats person.5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Thursday, October 20, 2005
To the Surburban Dude -- Excuse You
When I'm running through the neighborhood, and you come out of your house and start running too, please wait until I pass by to start your jog. Don't sprint 10 feet in front of me and then slow to a crawl. I'm gonna pass your ass regardless. :-) (And I'm not even remotely fast.)
For Sake's Sake
I had my first sake last night here
. (The Denver location.) Did I like the sake? Not particularly. Did I hate it? No. It was definitely different. Kind of like drinking yeasty bread. Then we ended up here
. The second place was a little trendy for my taste - I'm more of the dive-bar type.
I met a great group of people. It was kick-ass getting to know them and I really hope we all get to hang out again. Isn't it funny how a low-key night can totally turn into a GREAT time? You don't have to be crazy-wild partying to have a memorable evening. And how great is it that you can get in a bunch of guys' good graces if you ask one of them if they have sand in their vagina? Fun people rule!
For most of my life, I have never been satisfied with my thighs. I'm okay with my calves, but my thighs have always frustrated me. Genetically they'll never be like a swimsuit/lingerie model, but I'm trying to learn to like them the way they are.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Things that could never get on my nerves
The changing trees
Jeans that fit perfectly
The sound of the ocean
Being told I'm cool
Pickles (any kind but sweet ones)
Funny, smart people
Things that have been on my nerves
The zit that I popped the shit out of. It's so not pretty.
That I thought I was better friends with someone than I actually am. It's really disappointing to find out. I think it's actually way more under my skin than I originally thought. Oh well, one less plane ticket, hotel room and wedding gift to buy.
The one part of my incision scar that hasn't healed.
Hudson pooping and peeing in the house.
Some stupid crap that's going on at work.
This stupid headache that I've had since yesterday evening. Hope it's not my "That's so Raven" perfume. (I've been wearing it since Saturday, so it shouldn't be - unless there was a two day delay.)
That I'm having that burping/carsick
issue again today.
Monday, October 17, 2005
Five Famous Boys I'd Marry
(Today anyway, list is always subject to change.)
1. Matthew Mcconaughey
2. Ryan Reynolds
3. Matt Stone
4. Peter Facinelli
5. Michael Vartan
- Wore my happy fun shoes on Friday night.
- With some really really tight new jeans. Probably too tight.
- Met some new peeps and had a blast talking with some old ones.
- Didn't really drink. (had one in my hand - but nursed it for 3 hours)
- Wanted to dance. Bad bad bad. Never got the chance.
- Met up with other peeps and went to a party in the hood.
- Talked about snowboarding and am actually getting psyched.
- It's been 2 years since I've gone. Yikes! That's gonna change.
- Got home at 4am. Sooooooo tired.
- Went for a run on a glorious Saturday.
- Went to a keg-ball game. (Kickball with kegs -wherein you must play kickball with a keg cup in your hand at all times. And it must be at least half-full.)
- Brought dogs with me to the game and they were good with all the other dogs and people.
- A stray followed me and my dogs. He was very sweet.
- Noticed I was developing a zit on the underside of my chin. Yow!
- Bought the "That's So Raven" perfume.
- Bought some scar stuff that cost $30. This shit better work, that's all I've gotz tah say.
- Got flaked on for dinner/drinks.
- Got slightly irritated.
- Ate an entire bag of Sour Patch Fruits - which gave me a burst of energy and a case of the happys.
- Stayed in and cleaned and vegged on a Saturday night!!
- Woke up Sunday and cleaned like crazy.
- Washed and scrubbed everything.
- Got a blister from the Swiffer. Dude - that's some serious swiffering.
- House was clean for like 10 minutes and then the dog hair started all over again.
- Put out my Halloween decorations and dug out the shoes for my costume.
- Went for a run/walk.
- Played with the pups.
- Went to Illegal Pete's and had some beers and yummy yummy food.
- Talked and laughed my ass off.
- Went to Best Buy.
- Went to two costume stores.
- Watched Orgazmo. God, I love that movie. Particularly Matt Stone.
- Was loving the looks of the moon last night.
- Started to feel.
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Get Down Girl - Go Ahead Get Down
I really like that Kanye West Gold Digger song
Yeah, I went and bought the CD. I'm a sucker! :-)
Friday, October 14, 2005
Friday Five 1. What's your favorite animated characters?
South Park. 2. Violence in cartoons - funny or harmful?
Funny. Funny. Funny.3. Can you do any impressions?
I do this great one of a 31 year old girl who acts like she's 12. And Penelope Cruz. Oh, and I'm really good at making faces behind your back and making it look like I'm saying what you're saying but stop before you catch me. ;-)4. Would you consider yourself artistic?
Somewhat. I'm more science-ey.5. What's your favorite type of cheese?
Jalepeno Jack seems to be my fave lately. But I also love super sharp Vermont cheddar.
That's so Heather!
While I was stuck in bed after my surgery...there wasn't much on during the daytime, so I kind of got into watching "That's So Raven" on the Disney Channel. Okay, fine, I actually looked forward to watching it. I think it's really really dumb, but it's so overacted and there's so many funny faces that it kept me really amused. I even made my Mom watch it with me. Anyway, I saw that there's a "That's so Raven" fragrance and I think I might just have to get it. Hi! I'm perpetually 12 years old.
Thursday, October 13, 2005
GUN SHOW! It feels good to be working out again. :-) And big thanks to Mike
who taught me [way back when] how to flex properly.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Dear Mountain Dew:
I see you staring at me from the glass front cooler every day in my work kitchen. And I avoid your bedroom eyes. Oh, but today, I couldn't fight it and I gave into tempation. Damn you, Mountain Dew!
More Crap about HappyKap
Yeah, like everyone else, I've seen this all around, but I have specifically stolen it from DaMasta
1. Legal First name? Heather (but my middle name is "the Coolest!")
2. Were you named after anyone? Nope.
3. Do you wish on stars? Yes. (I know I'm a dork.)
4. When did you last cry? I very rarely cry, but I did cry four days after my surgery
, when I still hurt and was frustrated that I really couldn't do much but lie in bed. (so about 3 weeks ago)
5. What is your favorite lunch meat? I'm a vegetarian, but my phony bologna rocks!
6. What is your birth date? January 11th
7. Whats your most embarrassing CD? Milli Vanilli (it's a hit at parties, though!)
8. Would you be friends with you? Yes.
9. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes. A lot.
10. What are your nicknames? HappyKap, Kap, Hevah, Heathe (w/o the "r")
11. Would you bungee jump? Probably not, but maybe.
12. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Nope. I just rip 'em off my feet.
13. Do you think that you are strong? Yes. I workout so I can be.
14. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I don't really like ice cream.
15. Shoe Size? 10.
16. Red or pink? Red for decorating. But I look pretty bad in red.
17. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My lack of confidence and my thighs.
18. Who do you miss most? The beach. There isn't much beach in Denver.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? I'm wearing
light blue jeans and a black long sleeve shirt with rhinestone buttons. Wanna see?
20. What are you listening to right now? The new Staind CD.
21. What did you eat for breakfast? A bunch of Hershey kisses and a Boca Burger.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Deep Green!
23. What is the weather like right now? 39, mostly cloudy
24. Last person you talked to on the phone? Jessica
25. The first things you notice about the opposite sex? Smile and eyes. Then I check out the rest.
26. Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one did.
27. Favorite Drink? Pepsi.
28. Hair Color? Auburn
29. Do you wear contacts? Nope.
30. Favorite Food? Probably bean and cheese burritos. (especially from Illegal Petes!)
31. Last Movie You Watched? Garden State. (it was on HBO last night)
32. Favorite Day Of The Year? Halloween. Or that first perfect summer day of the year.
33. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? Happy Endings. (tee hee)
34. Summer Or Winter? Summer.
35. Hugs OR Kisses? Kisses.
36. What Is Your Favorite Desert? Fruit salad.
37. Living Arrangements? Me. And my two puppies. (I have them every other week.)
38. What books Are You Reading? The latest Harry Potter and Cryptonomicon.
39. What's On Your Mouse Pad? Dell
40. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? My Name is Earl, Exercise DVDs, and Garden State.
41. Favorite Smells? Sweet Pea, Soap, New Tires, Gingerbread.
42. Favorite junk food? Del Taco. Doritos, any kind of candy.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? I love them both.
44. What's the farthest you've been from home? Alaska.
23rd Post Tag
I've been tagged by Gregg
Here are the rules to the tag.
Delve into your blog archive.
Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these
instructions. Ponder it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas.
Tag five people to do the same.
From August 10, 2001
(my 23rd post):"There's only so much time you can spend on your computer at home after you've spent 10 hours on one at work."
It's funny because it's true. Even though I probably spend a little more time online at home than I used to.
Okay, now I tag: Will
, and Snavylyn
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
"You Stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks!"
After Deann dropped me off from lunch, I was not feeling so good. Felt nauseous sick. But then I'd burp and I'd feel fine. This happened about 20 times in a row about 2 minutes apart. Ick. Very annoying. But not as annoying as the lame-ass burps that Charlie expelled in the original Willy Wonka movie. I mean, seriously, what self-respecting boy burps like that?
Monday, October 10, 2005
The Eskimo Way
Here's Hudson coming in from frolicking this morning:
Here's me in a freakin' turtleneck w/my snowboard jacket in the background. Yup, it's that crappy today:
Contrary to the widely accepted perception, Denver does not really get that much snow. (The mountains of course do - and I think that's part of it - people thinking that Denver is in the mountains.) It's just funny that whenever there's a home Broncos game, we tend to get some kind of flurry or snow storm. It rarely rains here either. I guess it's a fact the natives are proud of keeping a secret. Mostly it's just sunny all the time, but when we do get some sort of weather, we do it up big. :-)
Sunday, October 09, 2005
It's snowing. Boo.
Attended my first bachelorette party
ever. (And I barely know the girl.) :-)
Stayed in on Friday night and totally vegged.
Contemplated buying a new digital camera, since my current one is on its last legs. (Yeah, I know, cameras don't have legs.)
Have dog custody for the first time in like 5 weeks. I missed my cutie cutes.
Feel really soft and out of shape. Tomorrow I'm starting up hardcore again.
Tried on the SuperGirl costume and wasn't impressed. (way low quality.)
Didn't get everything done that I wanted to this weekend.
Need to get motivated to get everything done.
Should be sleeping right now.
Friday, October 07, 2005
It's All About Me and My Needs
Got this from Tim
. (who got it from Sean
- ha that makes it sound like a disease.)
Ok, go to Google
Type in "(your name) needs" Remember to use the quotes.
Look at the 5 websites that say you need something. (Use different websites)
What are the 5 things you need?Heather needs
to be kept moist. Heather needs
an electrician to hook it upHeather needs
your help to find Patty's pot of gold.Heather needs
a cape to tire her bull and prepare it for the kill. Heather needs
a female parent who can help show her appropriate ways to attract the attention of guys and learn how to choose appropriate partners.
Friday Five1. How long have you had your LiveJournal/blog?
Since May 2001.2. What do you consider to be the main purpose of your LiveJournal/blog?
To make people laugh, to vent, to keep my writing skills up-to-speed.3. If you could change something about your personal blogging style, what would it be?
I wish I could be funny/witty every day.4. What are your criteria for adding someone to your friends list/blog roll?
If I want to check their site every day, if they're funny, if they're an IRL friend, if they link to me or if they're just cool.5. Name one thing that you've never before written about in your LJ/blog.
Sometimes I don't write what I'm really thinking and I don't write about my feelings toward certain people.
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Everything is right with the world again.
I remembered to put deodorant on today. Can't say that I remembered the past 3 days before today. (I don't stink without it or anything, but I have *no* idea how I can space something out of my daily get-ready-routine like that.)
It looks like I have a HUGE hand in this pic. Cracks me up.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Five Happy Things
1. Hearing two Billy Joel songs on the radio in one day.
2. A butterfly going out of its way to land on me while running.
3. I ran!! I ran!! Yay...I'm getting back to normal.
4. R-y-a-n R-e-y-n-o-l-ds
5. Good people.
I might get this one too.
Bought My Costume
I went to a Halloween store today and bought my costume. (Well, my first one anyway because there are so many cute ones, I may be more than one thing.(different nights))
I don't think it will be quite as cute as this model makes it look, but at least I'll be comfortable in it.
Today is Dine For America Day - A benefit for the Red Cross Hurricane Relief
. So, go find a restaurant in your area that is participating! You don't have to cook and your money goes to a good cause.
Monday, October 03, 2005
Wait For It....
I went back to work today. It was so nice to see everyone and gross them out with my scar. ;-) I gave in and did something kind of out of character for me and I went for a pedicure at lunch with Amy. I figured I wouldn't be running anytime soon and I wouldn't demolish the shiny, perfect job. And I got Illegal Pete's for lunch. Didn't think the day could get much better from there. BUT, then I had my 2 week follow up appointment with my Dr. and he lifted all my restrictions. He also explained that it is 100% definite the the tumor was benign. They're either benign or malignant, one can't turn into the other. Very Cool News to hear.
I am allowed to do whatever I feel up to doing. That means that I can start easing back into working out. So, I went on a 2.5 mile speed walk tonight and I might do a short yoga DVD before I go to bed. I can't even explain how happy it makes me to be able to do normal stuff again. I *promise* all of you that I won't overdo it and I will honestly ramp back up.
I was pleasantly surprised by this happy news and I am feeling even more normal now that I don't have any more rules to follow. (I hate rules!)
Hope everyone else had a good Monday!
Sunday, October 02, 2005
The Calm After the Storm
My life/house/brain/body has been a whirlwind of chaos in the past three weeks. And I finally find myself sans construction, surgery pain, houseguests, and utter craziness.
The weekend was fun, despite my occasional irritability. Mom and Dad and Grandma and Betty were all in town. It seems like we did a lot of eating. :-)
I just can't wait for everything to normalize. (Nice made up word there!) It feels like it's starting to get there, but as I'm not one to sit around and wait for something to happen, it does make me a bit nuts. My scar seems to be healing up well and I know not to push myself too far, even though the urge is really strong.
Here's a pic of Dad from this weekend, doing what he does best....being a goofball:
And here's one of me with the parents:
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Halloween. Halloween. Halloween.
El Beer-o Fest-o
I attended my 9th Great American Beer Fest last night and it was good. Mom and Dad made it to town and they had a blast too. There weren't really any stand-outs this year, and I only had a handful of truly awful ones. If you've never been to one, I highly recommend it. :-)