Friday, March 31, 2006
Despite being woken up four times throughout the night by my real-life muppets
, I woke up at 5:33am this morning in a good mood. There really is no reason, but here is a list of things that are rockin' my world right now:
- It is gorgeous out.
- I have a three-day weekend because I'm off Monday for Opening Day.
- My pants are fitting looser.
- My zippers are all staying up, now that I know the trick. This is probably the best thing that has happened to me all week. It's the little things. :-)
- A new Starburst porn was created by Tim and I was one of the reasons!!
- It's supposed be AWESOME weather for the next five days.
- I dig my new toenail polish color.
- It's Friday!
- Strappy sandals.
Friday Five1. Name one of your flaws:
I *suck* at general geography. (Although, I can read a map.)2. Have you ever won first place?
Yes. I won a lot of first places when I was a rower. (Crew: 8-person boats) Nerdilicious bonus:
I won a dictionary for being the smartest kid when we had our "moving up" ceremony in sixth grade.3. Who is the last person to make you smile?
Will. We were working on some stuff yesterday and we both made the same mistake, but in a different way. 4. Describe a time when you should have tried harder:
Probably in school in general....I never had to try very hard thanks to Mom and Dad's genes, everything was just kinda easy.5. What are you good at?
Random trivia, being a goofball, hitting my head, remembering people's birthdays, loving my family and friends, making baked ziti, drinking, hiding/avoiding my feelings, finding awesome stuff for cheap, taking showers, cryptograms, algebra, watching TV, cleaning up doggy pee pee, making gift baskets, giggling, finding humor in almost everything, sitting on the beach, buying school supplies, procrastinating, eating, headstands, and being a spaz. :-)
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Five Happy Things
1. Finding a $5 bill on the sidewalk.
2. Tokyo Joe's. I'd freebase if it were possible. Kidding. Kinda. ;-)
3. Breaking out the sandals and flips flops every day this work week.
4. Singing out loud.
5. Taking too many photos. (not possible!!)
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
The More You Know (a HappyKap PSA)
I learned something today that has solved one of the biggest issues that plagues my day-to-day life. When you zip the zipper of your jeans, you're supposed to flip the zipper head down after you zip it up - this locks it into place. I HAD NO IDEA
Thank you for the lesson, Amy. Now my barn won't be open all the time.
Are you more... (from scratchingtheitch.com)
01) Fast-paced big-city life or slower-paced small-town life? Fast-paced big-city life
02) A location chooser based on your job(s) or a location chooser based on proximity to friends and family? A little of both, with a bent toward family/friends.
03) Fan of the allen key (hexagon-head) or hater of the allen key? I'm indifferent.
04) Someone who loves futons or someone who prefers more traditional couches and beds? I like them both, but I'm more a couch and bed person.
05) Grateful that winter is gone or anxious for summer to hurry up and get here? Anxious for summer. So anxious.
06) Grilled cheese sandwich with ham and tomato or just a grilled cheese sandwich? Just grilled cheese.
07) Simon Cowell or Paula Abdul? Simon. Because he's not fake.
08) A tiger or a bear? Bear.
09) Believing that politicians make the world a better place or believing that the common man makes the world a better place? Common man all the way.
10) Driven by your loins or driven by your stomach? I'd say that'd be an even split.
Monday, March 27, 2006
How I Spent My Lunch Hour
I went and saw D's
new place. It is awesome. Congrats to him! :-) Here's a couple of pics:
He even has a closet-under-the-stairs for Harry Potter. Even Harry's room is pretty with it's plush carpeting and textured walls.
It has been one whole month since I've had any chocolate. My self-imposed moratorium started on February 27th. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep going with it or not.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Random Thought of the Day
It'd be funny if I could play the harmonica...I could whip it out at any given time and get all John Popper on yo' ass.
It's Mostly About Me Today
So far today I have cleaned up a demolished pet bad
(check out the pic -they are master destroyers), gone for a run/walk, got a pedicure, got a haircut and now I'm gonna go work out. Then I might even go nuts and get my oil changed. Somebody stop me....I'm on a roll.
Friday, March 24, 2006
Friday Five1) Of the various cultures, ethnicities or nationalities you belong to, which most strongly do you consider yourself?
Scottish.2) Is there a culture you cannot claim heritage from but which you feel quite close to?
Italian or Irish because most of my friends growing up were one or the other.3) What's one language you wish you knew fluently?
English. Just kidding...probably all languages. 4) If you could move anywhere in the world and be guaranteed a job, etc., where would you go?
Somewhere on the beach. Near my family and friends.5) If you had a time machine, and could witness any one event without altering or disturbing it, what would you want to see?
Woodstock (1969) or my Mom and Dad meeting.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
The only part of my body that stays in shape whether I work out or not - my genetically large calves.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Things About Today (AKA the lazy girl's way to post)
- Got some compliments from an unexpected source
- Added Showtime, The Movie Channel and Starz to my DirecTV
- Added four billion more Season Passes to my DVR after Showtime acquisition
- Didn't use the word fucktard even once today.
- But did use the rhetorical "Have you met me?" phrase three times.
- Gave D a little sugar in the parking lot while Jeff watched. Ha!
- Got to work with Everlasting Know It All today. It was on the phone, as usual, but it's always a good thing!
- Had the missing ingredient for Amy's Thursday pot roast....onion soup packets.
- Ran, did some aerobics and some yoga...the working out begins...we'll see if I can keep it up.
- Think I can keep motivated if my ass keeps lookin' like I've been been hit with a bag of nickels.
- Laughed at the lyrics of "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry.
- Made my house smell like burnt ass because I put too much olive oil on my tofu before I put it in the oven.
- Sang only the dirty parts of my Kid Rock CD when driving to work today. Tee hee.
- Wanted hot chocolate and successfully resisted temptation.
- Started the process of doing my taxes
- Got an "it's not you" phone call. I totally thought it was me. Glad to know it wasn't.
- Want an instant-skinny, instant-happy, instant-sickeningly-wealthy, instant-save-all-the-puppies-in-the-world pill.
- Made a horribly boring list.
I Gots the Stick
Originally uploaded by Laertes.
I found this photo via flickr...I have the photographer in my favorites. I LOVE THIS DOG. I think I've blogged a photo of her before. Stella, the three-legged great dane rocks my world. :-)
Today's Reason Why I Love Howard Stern
When referring to a female's junk today he called it "hey nanner nanner" and "va-gine." Made me giggle.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
So True, So True
Someone got here on a google image search for "smartest lady in the world".
The fourth one is of my Mom
(with my Dad)! Yay!
Monday, March 20, 2006
Today I was put through a battery of tests so that I can get myself some fashionable orthotics. They're hot, I know you're jealous.
Anyway, the dude-who-makes-the-orthotics (or doctor, if you want to use technical terms) drew all over my feet with a Sharpie. Check it out:
After he had happy-fun-art-time on my skin with permanent marker, I had to walk and run on a treadmill while he videotaped my obviously photogenic feet. Turns out those black lines proved what a freaking spaz I am when I walk/run. No surprise, really.
In two weeks, I'll be walking normal like the rest of the cool kids. No potentially collapsed arch for me.
Saturday, March 18, 2006
"I'm not stupid. I know I'm not getting girls off my good looks. When I'd sold 50,000 records, I was [having sex with] fat chicks in Virginia. I look in the mirror when I brush my teeth, I know what I look like"
- Kid Rock in Blender
I like the [modified text] in this quote. ;-)
Apologies for whatever crazy banner you get on this video's page, but thought the video itself
was pretty cool.
And this one
is just funny. :-)
Friday, March 17, 2006
Friday Five1) If you were to star in a movie, who would you want to be cast as your love interest?
Matthew Mcconaughey or Ryan Reynolds.2) What genre of movie would you most like to star in?
Comedy or action. 3) What song would you insist be on the soundtrack?
"Cocky" by Kid Rock. 4) What would you wear to the premiere of your movie?
Jeans, a fun shirt and the most frickin' kick-ass sandals or flip flops I could find.5) Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?
Mom, Dad, family, friends, co-workers who made the Oscar possible and my doggies.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Little known fact about Winter in Colorado
It turns you into a booger factory, with a side of chapped lips.
Other issues I'm battling today that are unrelated to Colorado:
The shoulder that hurts from too much repetitive mousing. And hair. Lots of it.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Instant Magic Happy Floaty Fun
Whatever that anesthesiologist gave me before my surgery....I want some today. Bad.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
I's gots to clean the taters outta my ear
Today, when Amy was ordering at the drive-thru, I thought that the boy on the other side of the speaker asked her if she wanted that doggie-style. (In actuality, I believe he said biggie-style or something like that.)
I laughed and laughed. No surprise there.
Monday, March 13, 2006
Get Him a Body Bag
I almost died when I saw this. :-) You know who you are.
What I Wish the Lyrics Really Were
In this verse:Cause I'm a dog baby , See me ride across the country
I'm a dog bitch
Big suitcase full of money
I'm a dog mamma, And I'm rollin' El Camino
I'm a D-D-D dog
I always want the bold line to be:
"Big suitcase for the monkey"
It would so totally be better that way!
Copying Mr. Knoll's Thing...
My fortune today:Very little is needed to make a happy life.
Five Happy Things
Okay, since I whined in my previous post, I thought I'd counter-balance it with an exercise in happy things.
1. Getting a box full of flip flops in the mail
2. Watching people laugh
3. Holding on by letting go.
4. Gonna see Kid Rock in April
5. I've been sleeping a little more.
I want my apathy back
Where did the FUNK REVERSAL button go? I'm tired of being in a crappity-do-dah funk. The level fluctuates, but I can't seem to kick it. Nothing is that
bad, I'm just stuck.
I'm fighting it, and I think I might be starting to win. It was so much more fun being apathetic. I'm so not digging this funk phase. You know what I mean?
Oh and I think I've decided to stop talking so much. Maybe that will keep me off people's nerves.
Friday, March 10, 2006
Friday Five1) 10 years ago what did you think you would be doing now?
You know what, I don't think I was thinking about it because I was in my senior year of college, and I wasn't concerned with much quite yet.2) Where do you think you will be in 5 years from now?
I have no idea. But I hope happy, healthy and living life to the fullest.3) Do you live life one day at a time or look to the future.
Mostly, I live one day at a time. I have committment issues. ;-) Although, I do have a 401K, does that count as looking to the future?4) Do you wish you could go back in time and undo something in your life?
In general no, because all past events shaped who I've become today. I do think about decisions I have made and wonder what would have happened had I chosen a different path. But, I try to live life with no regrets.5) If you could send a message back in time and give a younger version of yourself some advice, what would it be?
Start drinking before 21 and don't be afraid of who you are. Oh - and don't throw out all your old toys because you can make a shitload of cash on ebay from them.
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Took this on a hot day last July. :-)
Ray of Sunshine
Had a terrible morning that included nightmares, poop in the house, and a garbage bag full of trash scattered everywhere.
BUT...I just checked my e-mail, and Kid Rock is coming to town
I know I'm so white trash for being psyched, but he really puts on a good show.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Happy Birthday Lucy Gigglesworth!!!
My little Bunnypants is three years old today. That means she's 21. Maybe I should give her a bowl of beer. ;-)
I love my little Lucy.
**warning** there's some whinyness below...
I wish I was at home in my bed watching movies and floating in and out of lucid dreams. It's all rainy/snowish yuck outside and it seems like the perfect day to be lazy in bed.
Spent the weekend in Texas - saw Mom and Dad which was very cool. They rock. :-)
And on Tuesday I found out that the reason my feet have been killing me, is because I have plantar faciitis
. Yeah, yeah, sounds like plantar warts, I know. :-) My problem is above and below the arch of my foot. And it SUCKS....but the Dr. gave me some anti-inflammatory pills and I woke up this morning for the first time in months with no foot pain. I'm not allowed to do anything for a week, which totally sucks for my fat ass.
Speaking of my fat ass: I'm totally starving like I didn't eat lunch, but I did. I feel like a heffer, I'm super hungry, and I'm under doctor's orders to not work out. Not an appealing combination.
I have forgotten my Sirius Sportster at home for two days in a row. I miss my Howard in the morning.
I also disappointed/hurt someone and I'm feeling really sad about it. I know it will work out, but it still sucks.
And yet another someone - even though they'd be seen in public with me, I still say no.
Watched one of the dumb bitches walk out of the women's bathroom without washing her hands...then I accidently looked in the mirror and wanted to yak when I saw how ugly I am.
I have not eaten any form of chocolate in well over a week. Oh, chocloate gods, please make my thighs shrink. (and the rest of my body)
I'm tired. The insomnia continues, it's such a jerk. ;-)
I need to go on a bender. It's been a while....
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
This morning my local news did live interviews with Kid Rock and
Raven. Not at the same time, mind you, but still, I just thought it was funny.
Friday, March 03, 2006
.(found this via my B3ta newsletter.)
Amy forwarded this to me, had to share:
- When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
- When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
- When you smile -- I will know you finally got laid.
- When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
- When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
- When you are confused -- I will use little words...and speak v-e-r-y-s-l-o-w-l-y.
- When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
- When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
- This is my oath..... I pledge it to the end. "Why?" you may ask; "because you are my friend".
A good friend will help you move... a REALLY good friend will help you move a body... let me know if you ever need me to bring a shovel.
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Check out this Jewish kid
rockin' the dance floor.
Friday Five 1. What color is your hair?
Auburn.2. When is the last time you accepted a dare?
I accept dares all the time.3. Do you think you could have an affair?
I'm not married.4. How often do you feel like walking on air?
Not very often.5. How about despair?
Despair is going a strong word - so I'd say not that often at all.
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Searches that Have Led People Here in the Last Day
- bad and sexy (my personal favorite)
- what does that's so raven cologne smell like
- THOUGHT FOR THE DAY FUNNY
- people getting pushed funny
- funny dentist videoclips
- monk-o mail (what the hell is monk-o mail????)
- funny picture guy in hooters uniform
- 3A (WTF??)
- heather's blog (the only one that makes total sense to lead here)
Run Away!!!Saw this
on Ambs' blog
and it just cracked me up.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Come on summer. :-)