Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Happy Last Day of 2008!
Aloha! How are you, internet? I hope you are well. Chances are pretty good that you're not here to read my blog but you did a GIM for "hibiscus tattoo." Regardless, Happy New Year's Eve, photo-seeker.
Other searches conducted in the past week to land people here:
"your mom's carpet is a boodledang"
"old lady bruises"
"pam hasse" - hey searcher, if you ever find her, let me know
"what does the name sddita mean"
Not my greatest group of referring phrases, but still, some good ones. :-)
So, I just took the Ultimate Sixteen Candles Quiz
, and got 100%. :-) You should try it
. It's at OKcupid which used to be thespark.com - I miss that site- it was pure comedy and none of the weirdo dating crap. It used to make me LAUGH. Especially their greeting cards. They had one that used to say, "Blast off to planet leg" with this image:
Holy crap, I don't think I'm making much sense. I'm hopped up on 2+ cups of coffee and vegetarian sausage (shut up!). I also woke up with more boogers than should be humanly possible. It was nice to have normal nose functioning and unchapped lips while I was in Texas. Crossed the Kansas/Colorado border on the way back and I was an instant static and booger machine. With an extra monstrosity of some sort under my right eye. Not sure what the hell it is/was. I'm too old to get a blemish like that!
Wow - talk about a tangent.
I hope everyone has a very safe and Happy New Year's Eve
. I'm actually looking forward to it for the first time in several years. I'm ready to relax and have a good time. Plus, we're cabbing it, so that makes me feel even better.
To 2008 - I say good riddance. You were a very trying/interesting/volatile year. But a year where I did a lot of self-discovery and growing. Learning the hard way. I've been fixing lots of stuff, both physically and existentially. As the year rolled on, things slowly seemed to improve - especially after October. I actually *want* to drive my new car everywhere - that is something soooooo new for me.
I actually feel more like myself and happy. The world is funny like that.
HappyKap is back!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
An Open Letter to Pizza
I love you. You know that I do, with all of my heart, always and forever.
But, the thing is - I think I may have to go ahead and back out of our planned nuptials.
You see, I've kinda been cheating on you.
I just did a trip down to Texas and back this week - and I'm just going to come out and say it - I am in love with my new car.
I'll always love you and I KNOW we'll be friends forever.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
The Giver Reflects on Christmas Eve
This is the first year in my adult life that I have not gone all out and unleashed an arsenal of presents on everyone. At the request of many, I have reigned in the giving and have been suffering withdrawals along the way. It really kinda hurts to not shower those I love with gifts, but I think it's been a really great exercise in restraint.
I didn't hunt for the perfect gifts. I didn't study everyone and make determinations on what they need. I truly sat that this one out. And goddamn, does my ass hurt.
For me, holidays have always just been about being together, but there is something addictive about the giving part. So, this junkie is just going to have to power through.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
100 Things Meme
It's meme-time again … they always seem to come in waves of two or three. This one is a list (I have no idea where the original came from) where you indicate what you have done in bold.1. Started my own blog2. Slept under the stars3. Played in a band
(not the cool kind)4. Visited Hawaii5. Watched a meteor shower6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris13. Watched lightning at sea14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice29. Seen a total eclipse30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa45. Walked on a beach by moonlight46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies62. Gone whale watching63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check68. Flown in a helicopter69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt73. Stood in Times Square74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit98. Owned a cell phone99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant
Friday, December 19, 2008
- Keeping it Positive [from here
]1. What’s your favorite thing about the shoes you’re wearing (or the shoes you were most recently wearing)?
I've had them for a long time and they're totally broken in.
2. What’s your favorite thing about the people you work with (or the people you go to school with)?
Sddita and I laugh A LOT!3. What’s your favorite thing about the climate where you live?
That we experience all the seasons and that it's sunny over 300 days a year.
4. What’s your favorite thing about Friday?
That the weekend follows!5. What’s your favorite thing about the year coming to an end?
The prospect of a crazy happy new year.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Shampoo is better
Thursday, December 11, 2008
]1. Do you like waffles?
Yes. I love waffles.2. Name 3 things that is within your reach right now, excluding anything to do with your computer/laptop.
A bottle of smartwater, an orange highlighter, and my cell phone.3. Do you hang laundry out on a line outside?
Nope. My Mom did when I was little. 4. Loss of vision, ability to speak or hearing - which do you choose? (you have to choose one....)
Any of those would suck, but I think I'd have to go with hearing. 5. On a scale from 1 - 10, how are your computer skills?
10.6. Do you volunteer or donate to anything around the holidays?
Yes. But I donate all year too.7. If a person receives a DUI while in government office, should he lose his/her position?
No.8. Do you take vitamins?
Yes. A multi.9. Do you wear fingernail polish?
Nope, just toenail polish.10. If every flower in the world only grew into one color, which color would you want?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Five Happy Things
- My new car
- Annabelle's wiggles
- Fog Lifting
- Craig Ferguson
- Crazy bright lightbulbs